Monday, April 12, 2010

Let's Go Diamondbacks Let's Go!

What an eventful night last night was. We all experienced our first ever live Baseball game. Unfortunately the Arizona Diamondbacks lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates, but we enjoyed it regardless.

You cannot attend an American baseball game without doing what Americans do - so we indulged in hotdogs and beer. Mind you, the beer was the size of a longneck, so after 2, not a lot of sleep and too much excitement I decided that 2 was enough for me!

I had the opportunity to go to my first ever school prom last night...but unfortunately I was double booked. My host parents, Sue and Tom were attending their last ever Prom, as Tom is retiring from teaching in a matter of weeks (I think the calendar says 20 something days - not that anyone is counting haha). Had I have known, I could have packed a fancy frock and danced the night away with the kids. As the rest of the team was heading to the Baseball and we had planned it all previously, I opted for the Baseball instead. Will I regret not putting myself in the running for Prom Queen? Possibly, but the fun we had at the Baseball made up for it.

As you can see, Peter was having a wonderful time sporting his new hat and mini baseball bat. I am secretly (well not so secretly anymore) thinking that the baseball bat might be used to keep us girls in line on the GSE. However, should the threat of singing eventuate, then maybe we might need to use it.

Speaking of singing, I was treated to Peter and Caroline belting out 'take me to the ballpark' last night. If only I could upload videos to the blog...

 The team (minus Kirsty who didnt come on our adventure around the 'Ballpark')
 
This morning I went for a walk through the Desert, which is literally just outside Sue & Tom's door. I nearly got run over by a Quad bike and had a close call with falling down a hole, but other than that it was wonderful and finally nice to stretch my legs a bit. I think I am still getting over all the sitting on the plane.

Tom, Sue and Nico (Tom and Sue's Exchange 'son' from Equador) are hosting a big american style BBQ here at the house for lunch today and I get to meet their kids and grandkids. I can't wait! Tom cooked up delicious Eggs Benedict for breakfast this morning...yum! The hospitality here is amazing and it's wonderful to be staying with a family that have opened up their homes and their lives to let me be apart of it. Sue, Tom & Nico - thankyou from the bottom of my heart. You now have no excuse not to come to Australia so that I can return the hospitality!

 Sue, Tom & Nico's house - my home for four more nights!

As Peter has been saying all trip 'so far so good'. The experience so far has been wonderful and we havent even got stuck into our itinerary (schedule for the Americans) yet.

That's enough from me for now. Hi to everyone at home!

Much love xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment